Eyeviz Digital Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd
What are KVM Extenders?
KVM extenders are devices that are designed to increase the distance between a keyboard, monitor and mouse and a computer. It is a set of transmitter and receiver applications. They are convenient solution to transmit these signals over long distances up to 150m (CATx) or even farther via fibre or IP connections. The main purpose of KVM extenders is to provide point-to-point computer extension and scale the access to computers from remote locations ultimately helping to increase productivity workflow and workspace ergonomics.
What the use of KVM Extender and When do you need of this?
KVM extenders play an important role in overcoming bandwidth limitations of traditional VGA, HDMI and DVI cables, and distance limitations of the PS/2 and USB protocols. KVM extenders are used for a range of applications such as;
- Remote PC access: Enables remote high-speed KVM access to a single computer at HD display resolutions.
- Multi PC access: They control multiple remote computers with a single set of peripherals for an extended desktop experience.
- Improve workspace ergonomics: It reduces noise and clutter at the workplace so everyone can work without any noisy environment.
- Secure computers in safeguard locations: It protect components from damage, heat, technical failures or major power outages.
- Data access protection: Prevent content theft or unauthorised network access by limiting software/hardware access.
- Multi-user and multi-site collaboration: KVM extension and switching solutions are ideal when different users need to access the same computer to work from different locations. It also enables users to share their desktop on a video wall to visualize information for collaboration, improve teamwork, and decision making.
Which Type of KVM Extender you need?
There are a wide variety of customer needs and important features to look for when purchasing a KVM extender. When you buy a KVM extender for your configuration then here are some major questions to consider in advance:
- What video signals do you need to extend?
- Do you need to extend signals for one screen or multiple screens?
- What distances you want to cover between users and computers?
- What transmission medium will connect the users and computers?